Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dream of loosing a car

Had a vivid dream this morning before I woke up.

I saw the house where I lived before I worked in Shanghai. The house was rebuilt on a old brick house site of my grand parents'. I moved there since freshman, until I came back from Shanghai. I started to get to know the world when I moved there. I had my first heart break in the university. I lived with different roommates, got grant to study aboard, started a job in NGO after coming back from Edingurgh. I bought a car and went to work in electronic industry. My life avendture seemed start from there.

The place and time represents the first ten years when I started to build my onw self.

In the dream I had early this morning, I was moving things with some other people in the alley where the house is. It's an hill side apartment. There's an alley leading to the house from the main road. The alley is so narrow that only allows one car passing each time.

In my dream, there were many people that I am acquainted with. Everyone was so busy moving things. I went to drive my car inside the alley preparing for loading. There was another car after me going to do the same thing. I left the car door unlocked and got out to help moving.

After a while, I saw the car behind me driving in. It was odd since I knew my car blocked the alley. So I went out to find my car missing. We set out everywhere to look for the car. But its nowhere to find. I remember I am not so panicking but in some way confused.

I woke up and looked in the internet for dream interpretations. In the Dream Dictionary, it says:

Car To dream that you are driving a car symbolizes your ambition and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is - that suggests how easy or hard your path will be to your goals. Also consider whether you are driving the car or are merely a passenger because that indicates whether you take an active or passive role in your life. If you are a passenger, it can also mean your knowledge will earn you good fortune, especially if the car is expensive.


What about loosing a car if driving a car symbolizes the ambition and ability to navigate? Does that mean I lost my ambition and capability?

In Spitrillquill, it says:
LOST** The meaning of this dream is literal. You are lost in your life, adrift. Something is gone from your life -- Love, Career, Spirituality. The SETTING of your dream, where you are lost, holds the answers to your salvation....LOSING SOMETHING PRECIOUS is a variation of the LOST dream; the object lost being the key to the dream.


Given the current situation of my life, this dream seems a close representation of what might be really going on. I am not a superstitious persion. However the more I get to know the complexity of human brain, the more I believe what we experience now mostly has its related activities in the brain.

The internal experiences are the respresentation of the stimuli from external physical world. I believe dreams are also one kind of representations of the external world. What kind of representations are more true? It will be a difficult philosophical question.

1 comment:

ilya said...

Now I know what you mean. You are quite aware in your current moment...

I couldn't found my blog on the most vivid dream: I was killed by one good friend. That was totally a shock to me. For that's a critical point to separate my past and now. I also embrace a drum to save myself.

I believe dream itself is a dynamic moment. It marks the past and present / now in a symbolic way, and it also pointing to the future by telling the stories out... by a telling tale, it release the pain and sorrow embedded inside the secret.

So the "lost" is a new momentum to show you that, the future is coming, in a humble way.